Industrial laser cleaning – or ablation – is the process of clearing away undesired material from a solid surface by irradiating it with a laser beam. By absorbing the energy of the laser beam, the targeted material is heated very quickly, making it evaporate or sublimate. As the surface below does not absorb any energy, it stays untouched.
By manipulating the laser flux, its wavelength and its pulse length, the amount of material that is being removed by a single laser pulse can be controlled with extreme precision. Making laser cleaning equally suitable for rapid and deep rust removal as for removing only one thin layer of paint, without damaging the base coat.
ADVANTAGES OF LASER CLEANING
As laser cleaning does not use any chemical solvents or other kind of consumables, it is environmentally friendly and safe to operate.
- dry and clean
- highly accurate
- non-contact technology
- easy to use
- easy to automate
- safe for any kind of substrate, even very delicate surfaces
- unrivaled level of control
- no unwanted side effects
- not abrasive or potentially hazardous
- suitable for hard-to-reach areas or surfaces
- suitable for use in hazardous or dangerous environments
- lower operational costs than most other cleaning techniques
- absolute minimum of residue, mostly dust
- minimal maintenance
- quick installation and setup time
FOLLOW US ON YOUTUBE AND
To demonstrate the effectiveness of our industrial laser cleaning technology, we regularly post application videos on our YouTube channel.
Subscribe to our Youtube channel